Today, we are going to know and learn how to make Localized Windows Store Apps.
What is Localization ?
Localization is that process to translate the App resources(strings) into many other languages.
Why should i learn localization ?
To publish your app into several markets with different cultures and languages than enables your to get thousands of downloads 🙂
The most important advantage of Localization is that makes you build just one app with different versions in many languages and cultures instead building multiple apps each one in language differ than the other.
How to use Localization ?
In this lesson we will be using Multilingual App Toolkit that should be downloaded.
- Download and install Multilingual App Toolkit.
- Open Visual Studio and Create New Project (Windows Store Apps > Blank Template)
- Right Click on the solution file and add new folder then, name it “Strings”.
- Add sub folder for Strings folder and name it “en-US”.
- Right Click on en-US folder and select Add > New item > Resources(.resw).
- Select Tools and Enable Multilingual App Toolkit.
- Right Click on the project file and select Add Translation Language and select the other language you want to translate to.
- Open Resources.resw file and then, add the strings(resources) you want to localize.
- Then, Right Click on the Project and Add New Translation Language.
- By Default a resource file will be created, Right Click it and translate the strings to the new language.
- Save, and Run, you will find the App in its default language.
- In Task Bar in the Windows, Open Language Preferences and move up the new translation language to be the first one.
- Run the App again, you will find it in the new translation language.
- Congrats. you are done ! 🙂
Thank you for reading, you will find attached video in Arabic with this post.
Download the Code Sample from HERE
Feel free to contact me if you faced any problem. 🙂